​​​The Division of Insurance issues a single producer license with multiple lines of authority to any individual or business entity wishing to solicit, sell, or negotiate insurance products. The producer lines are Property, Casualty, Life, Health, Variable, Title, Surplus Lines, and Personal Lines.

To obtain information about licensing, applications, or to conduct a licensee search, please select from the following DOBI web pages:

New Jersey licenses expire on a two year basis. License renewals are offered online for resident and non-resident producers. To access instructions and forms for renewing your license, visit the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance's Licensing and Education web page.
The New Jersey Department of Banking & Insurance does not print and mail licenses to insurance producers and public adjusters. Licensees must download and print their license via SBS CONNECT. SBS CONNECT allows for one free license print and sends an email notification upon license issuance, renewal, and when various changes are made to an insurance producer license.

Individuals who do not qualify for a waiver of pre-licensing education must complete a pre-licensing education course offered by an approved education provider in order to be licensed to solicit, sell, or negotiate insurance in the state of New Jersey. Following completion of a prelicensing education course, applicants must take the state licensing test. 

Individuals with CLU and ChFC designations can waive the Life and Health Insurance pre-licensing education and examination. Individuals with CPCU designations can waive the Health, Property, Casualty, Personal Lines, and Surplus Lines pre-licensing education and examinations. 

Big I New Jersey offers an online New Jersey Insurance Producer Pre-Licensing Course.

For more information, download the brochure, or click here to get started.

PAIP/CAIP certifications must be renewed every four years. Individuals who are renewing their PAIP/CAIP certification may attend a classroom or online coures. Individuals who are becoming certified for the first time, must take an classroom course.

EducationBig I New Jersey offers both classroom and online PAIP/CAIP Courses.

               Find a classroom course.

               Find an online course.


Individuals who write Flood Insurance must complete one 3-hour Flood course to become certified. This course is not required every license cycle and only needs to be completed one time. Individuals who do not write Flood insurance are not required to complete this course in New Jersey. Each state is different so individuals who are licensed in multiple states will need to check on each state's requirements.
Sircon, formally, PSI Continuing Education, allows you to look up your continuing education transcript. By clicking on this link​, you will be able to see which of your continuing education requirements are fulfilled and which remain outstanding. Simply click on 'look up my continuing education transcript' and enter your state, license number, and last name to access your account.